The prize, named in honor of the late Max Nänny, past IAWIS President, is awarded every three years on the occasion of our triennial conferences: it was awarded for the first time in Paris, in 2008. Please see here for a list of prizewinners.
Members as well as non-members of IAWIS/AIERTI may submit already published articles (dated no earlier than three years before the submission deadline). The deadline for the next prize selection is 31 October 2016.
Guidelines for the Max Nänny Prize for the Best Article in Word & Image Studies
- The Max Nänny Prize for the Best Article in Word & Image Studies (500 Euro) is awarded every three years on the occasion of IAWIS/AIERTI’s triennial conference; it was awarded for the first time in Paris in 2008.
- It is open to everybody; membership is not required for the submission of articles. Members of the Executive or Advisory Boards of IAWIS/AIERTI cannot submit an article. If a student of a member of the Board submits an article, this member cannot be on the selection committee.
- Articles submitted must have been already published. On submission, the date of publication should not be earlier than three years before the submission deadline.
- Articles submitted can be published in any of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Dutch. The consideration of articles in other languages is subject to the association finding outside readers. IAWIS/AIERTI is under no obligation to provide such readers.
- Articles should be sent in triplicate to IAWIS/AIERTI’s secretary:
Prof. Catriona MacLeod
Department of Germanic Languages & Literatures
University of Pennsylvania
745 Williams Hall
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305